Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Too Many Tomatoes!

Dear: Jess,

This morning I woke up and it was pouring rain, and was supposed to continue all day. I decided to suck it up and make the trek to the grocery store so I could make some yummy comfort food.

As you know, Caitlin has a love for tomatoes, so we always have a surplus. This week, however, neither of us had been home, so I found myself with about 10 tomatoes that needed to be used immediately. I found this recipe in an Everyday Food magazine that my friend had in her kitchen. They're easy, and so yummy!

Baked Eggs in Tomatoes
4 large tomatoes
Fresh ground salt and pepper
1/2 cup of corn
4 large eggs
2 tsp chives
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 inch dish with parchment paper. Remove the seeds and inners of your tomatoes. Put the tomatoes in your dish. Season with salt and pepper.

2. Divide the corn among the tomatoes. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, chives, and salt and pepper. Divide your egg mix among your tomatoes. Top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the egg mix is set.







I love you and miss you!

Love,    
Sally

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sally,
    So happy you made the recipe and liked it. Your picture made me want to make this one soon.
    Was so good to be with you for a little bit monday. Hope to see you again soon.
    Love Jess
    PS. Love the booky sides.

    ReplyDelete