Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chili Done Student Style


Dear Sally,

I think it is hilarious that I still miss you even when we are in the same city. Life has a way of getting busy and ever since I started working I have felt too rushed to bother making food. THIS is a tragedy and so last night (while on the phone with you) I thought that should change.
As you know I was making chili and I was so hungry that I didn't really look at what I was putting in but I think the recipe would look a little like this:

3 celery stalks
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
1 can chick peas
1 can kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 wee bit of water
1 - 2 tbsp. chili powder
salt and pepper
couple dashes of Louisiana Style hot sauce

1. Over medium heat fry the onion and garlic till onion is slightly transparent. Add the celery and pepper and stir. When the veggies are soft I add the beans, tomatoes and spices and stir for a long time :)
2. Serve and eat!

As I was making this last night I started comparing life to the process of making chili. In order to experience the best chili you have to wait for all the flavors to blend and absorb just perfectly. The same is true for life (yes I realize that I may be stretching things just a wee bit). Sometimes we have to be patient in order to enjoy the best possible experience. I think of you and Jay and I am filled with so much joy. You have found something so unique and special that there is no way it can't be the best possible blessing and I am sure that he was worth the wait.
You deserve the best experiences. Patience is a virtue that is definitely worth it.

I love you!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment