Saturday, January 22, 2011

Benaddictive Breakfast



SALLY!!!!

First let me send my apologies for neglecting by cooking and blogging duties. It seems that I now have things going on almost every night and weekend and like you I have found it difficult to come home from work and cook up a big meal.

I finally had a chance to get back in the kitchen and decided to visit the magical world of Crazy Plates for some culinary inspiration. I was out late Friday night with Jesse and we finally got around to a feast of a breakfast around 11 (I of course was up at 8 because sleeping in seems to be impossible).

We (Jesse) had fresh bodum coffee, home fries, eggs benedict and fruit. It wasn't quite up to Cora's standards but it was still delicious.

I had originally written a wonderful long post but for some reason my first one was deleted. I will paraphrase my original composure.

I miss you, miss cooking random things together at your house, can't wait to come visit you!!
Also keep your eyes out for an awesome twist on Jamie Oliver's classic burger. Jesse and I have this perfect idea that will blow your mind.

Love,
Jess


Benaddicted to Eggs
From Crazy Plates by Janet and Greta Podleski
8 slices Canadian bacon
4 large eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 plain yogurt
1 tbsp honey mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
pinch of salt and cayenne pepper

1. In a large skillet over medium heat, lightly brown bacon. Remove from pan and set aside.


2. Fill a medium skillet half full of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmering. Break one egg into a small dish, then slide egg into simmering water. Repeat with remaining eggs. Simmer eggs, uncovered for 4-5 minutes, until yolks are set, but not hard.

3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, honey mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat just until the mixture is heated through. Do not boil. Remove from heat.

4. For each serving, place 1 toasted muffin-half on a plate. Top with 2 slices of bacon. Remove egg from water using a slotted spoon. Place egg over bacon. Pour 2 tablespoons sauce over egg. Garnish with fresh dill or parsley, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment