Monday, April 25, 2011

An American Delicacy

Dear Sally,

How was Easter with the family? I spent most of the weekend in Bradford with the Brickell clan and my parents were in Ottawa. Apparently my brother bought a house on Saturday so my parents went to help with the process.

On Sunday Jesse and I just needed some alone time away from all the bustle so we came
home to my place and made his favorite Ohio treat, Puppy Chow. I will warn you that this should probably be featured in the 'This is Why You're Fat" book but it is apparently delicious.

I can't wait to see you on the 13th!

Love,
Jess

Puppy Chow
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 box Crispix cereal
1 pound icing sugar

Melt butter, peanut butter and chocolate in a saucepan. Pour cereal into a large bowl and pour chocolate mixture over. Stir until all pieces are well covered. Divide into two large ziplock bags and pour 1 1/2 cups sugar into each. SHAKE! When all the pieces are covered with powdered sugar place the bags in the fridge to cool. Leave in the freezer and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment