Thursday, April 28, 2011

Juicy Chicken Thighs

Dear Jess,

Easter was amazing. Very busy. It was the beginning of my 30 Day Yoga Challenge. So with that, plus all the extra family get-togethers and what-not, it was very crammed.

As you know, Bill is home for the week. He has asked me to tutor him in culinary ways. Now, I don't usually get opportunities to teach Bill anything... seeing how he is a genius... so when the rare opportunity presents itself, I jump right in. Last night was the night. He picked me up from work, and we proceeded to the grocery store. I showed him where to find everything he would need to make a really yummy Greek Salad.

I have had this Chicken Thigh recipe on my 'want-to-make' list for about 2 months. It claimed to be easy, and it looked pretty straight forward, so I decided to add it to our menu. This was a wise choice. Bill says he is going to adopt it as his 'signature dish.' All the spices are regular pantry items (for me). If they are not for you, I suggest you boogie down to the store and pick some up immediately!



Greek Salad
1 head iceburg lettuce
2 tomatoes, gutted and diced
1/2 small sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/2 small cucumber, diced
1/2 large red pepper, diced
feta cheese
Dressing:
1 part lemon juice
2 parts olive oil
oregano
basil
salt and pepper to taste



Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
From Cooking Light
(Serves 4)
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tsps chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
Cooking spray
6 tbsps honey
2 tsps cider vinegar

1. Preheat broiler. Combine first 6 spice ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
2. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush other side with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.


I hope to have time this weekend to get on the Esther Study. I'm sorry it is taking me so long to get caught up! 

I hope all is well. 

Love,
Sally

2 comments:

  1. Making this chicken tonight. Thanks Sal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely making this chicken soon! Thanks for posting, Sally.

    ReplyDelete