Monday, March 19, 2012

Jamie Oliver: Grilled Fillet Steak with the Creamiest White Beans and Leeks

Dear Jess,

I have made a binder. It contains all the recipes I have made that I would make again. I got tired of searching through dozens of magazines trying to find a recipe I had used months before. Now I can rip out the recipes and tuck them safely into my organized binder. Yesssssss.

What I made today will go in said binder. The steak was pretty straight forward... you can season it with whatever you want and cook it to your liking. The Lima beans and Leeks are what I am excited about. They are so soft and comforting. They make your kitchen smell amazing and you get to put white wine in them! Mmmmm, delicious. (Please excuse the brown plate... it does not compliment the meal very well, but it was all I had to work with...)


Jamie Oliver's Grilled Fillet Steak with the Creamiest White Beans and Leeks (Serves 4)
adapted from Cooking with Jamie
4 leeks, washed, trimmed and finely sliced
a small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
olive oil
a knob of butter
a wineglass of white wine
1lb 2oz good-quality canned lima beans, drained and rinsed
2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
7oz well-marbled fillet steaks (Can be any steak you like)
optional: The juice of one lemon

1. Sweat the leeks, thyme and garlic with a splash of olive oil and the butter in a saucepan on a low heat for 20 minutes until they are soft and sweet. Turn up the heat and add the white wine. Let the wine come to a boil, then add the beans and a splash of water, so that the beans are almost covered. Allow to simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes until the beans are lovely and creamy. Remove from heat. Add the Greek yogurt and salt and pepper. 

2. Grill Streak to your liking. Optional: squeeze lemon juice over steak and beans before serving.



I think next time I might add some spinach or kale to the mix. But honestly... the way it is... so good! 

I hope your weekend was enjoyable. The weather was spectacular! I haven't worn a jacket since Friday!

I love you,

No comments:

Post a Comment