As time keeps slipping away and the wedding get closer I have started using up all the food in the fridge. Jesse told me yesterday that we will actually be going on a second honeymoon two days after the first one! Who would have thought. SO . . . I have to use up the food in the fridge. This dinner I prepared last night was the strangest combination of recipes and ideas from my head but Jesse loved it!
I had two orange bell peppers sitting in the fridge on the verge of going squishy. I decided to make some stuffed peppers. I grabbed the ground beef that needed to be used, garlic, onion and started with that. I cooked up some garlic and herb rice I had in the cupboard and also grabbed the leftover Caesar Salad dressing I had from a couple of days ago.
I decided to do a simple salad with the peppers to keep things light and simple. I found a recipe for a green bean salad I was given back in May and I combined two recipes to make this one.
As I was combining ingredients and pulling from different recipes I wasn't sure what the outcome would be but it seemed to work really well. The flavours in the green bean salad are light and refreshing. The stuffed peppers we hearty and had a nice little bite to them.
I can't believe next weekend is the wedding! I just started to feel relaxed now that school is over but I have a lot more to do before I can really relax. I can't wait to see you.
All my love,
Dijon Green Bean Salad With Feta350g green beans (trimmed)
1 red onion thinly sliced
6 radishes thinly sliced
3/4 cup crumbled goat feta cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2-3 tbsp olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
2. With a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the onion and radishes as thin as possible.
3. Wash and steam green beans fro 5-8 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
4. Add the onion, radishes and crumbled feta to the warm beans. Pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
Roasted Bell Peppers with Italian Stuffing2 bell peppers
300 g ground beef
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red onion diced
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp red wine
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 cup season rice
1/8 cup Caesar Salad dressing
1/8 cup marinara sauce
1/8 cup green olives chopped
1. Combine beef, onion, garlic, worcestershire sauce, red wine, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Mix with hands until well combined. Cook over medium heat until no pink remains. Set aside.
2. Cook the rice according to package directions. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl. Add the ground beef mixture, Caesar salad dressing, chopped olives and tomato sauce. Stir well to combine and set aside.
3. Slice the tops off the bell peppers, removing all the seeds and white bits inside. Stuff the peppers with the rice and beef mixture. Place in a 370 oven for about 25-30 minutes until the stuffing is cooked through and the peppers are tender. Remove from the oven and serve!