Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Miss Me?


Dear Sally,


I'm BACK! It feels like it has been months since I have taken the time to make an actual meal that was blog worthy. Finally, with some time and careful preparation I was able to pull something together.

Jesse and I settled down for this yummy BBQ supper just before we rushed off to our last session of marriage counseling. I used marinating beef for this recipe but it was originally written to use pork. I personally am not a huge pork fan but I love my beef. It is the perfect little bite of spice and tangy flavour that makes my mouth water when cooking. On the side I did BBQ potatoes with bacon bits, cheese, sour cream and chives for toppings. I attempted your father’s famous asparagus and it turned out alright. I have to say though, I can’t make em like your dad does.

I can’t believe I will see you in less than three weeks. Time is flying by and there is much to do so I am off once again.

I love you so very much and I can’t wait to see you on Friday!!!!

Love,

 









Paul’s Pork Marinade
 
Ingredients

1 tbsp Sabal Oleck
¼ cup finely chopped onion
3 cloves crushed garlic
cup ½ & ½ soy sauce and Bentag Manis Ketsup

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a glass dish.
Marinate for 48 hours and then transfer to metal or soaked wooden skewers. BBQ on medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side (depending on how you like your meat).

No comments:

Post a Comment