Monday, November 12, 2012

Homemade Spicy Sausage Alfredo

Dear Sally,

I can totally relate to the feeling of busy. I too often give in to the thought "I don't have time" and get away from cooking. Today was my report card writing day and after I finished my rough copies at noon I decided to jump into the kitchen. Jesse brought home four . .  FOUR pumpkins from his mother's store. He asked if I could use them. My first reaction was excitement over all of the things I could make with pumpkin. That was before I cut, seeded, peeled and boiled it all. Needless to say I had enough of pumpkin after that. I put the pumpkin aside and decided to work on dinner.

Jesse asked me for a creamy pasta and so I opted for an Alfredo. It smelt amazing when I was making it. This is not a dish that can be modified for someone with my allergies and still taste amazing. The recipe comes from my head so it may not be precise but I am sure that it will still taste delicious.

Ingredients

2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. flour
salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic
2 cups 18% cream
1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
2 spicy Italian sausages1 package pasta

Directions

1. Start boiling your salted water for the pasta. When the water comes to a boil prepare the pasta as directed.

2. Cook the Italian sausages over medium heat. Slice and cook again until browned. Set aside.

3. Heat the butter in a small saucepan. When it is melted add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds then add the flour and stir constantly. Make sure you have the cream near by. Add the cream to the flour mixture a little at a time until it is all added. Stir continually and bring to a boil over medium heat. When the mixture is boiling and begins to thicken add the shredded cheese and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.


4. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss. Serve while hot.


I hope you and Jason are staying nice and cozy in Peterborough. Can't wait to see you soon.

Love You!















1 comment: