Friday, January 25, 2013

Slow Chicken Curry

Dear Jess,

Brrrrrr. It is so cold.

That being said... I am enjoying it more this year than any year. I think the warm winter last year gave me a break, and this year I realized that I missed it a little bit. Well... mainly I think I miss the effect that good food has on a frigid cold day.

This is one of those meals that sets a cold day right. I have made it twice, and I will be making it again. It's from the Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook. It's easy, basic, makes your house smell like heaven, and it tastes yummy. I have put it in my slow cooker on cleaning days, so as I'm working around the house, the smell wafts through the house and I feel like dinner is making itself!

Slow Chicken Curry
From Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook, page 88

2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 carrots, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
1 cup Homemade Chicken Broth (I used my homemade Veggie Broth)

1. In a small bowl, mix all of the dry spices together.

2. Place the chicken thighs in slow cooker and pour the spice mixture over the chicken thighs and toss together until all the thighs are coated with the spices.

3. Sprinkle on the minced garlic and add the onions, carrots, and celery.

4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and the chicken broth.

5. Pour the coconut milk and chicken broth mixture over the top of the chicken and vegetables and cook on high in the slow cooker for 4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.


The first time I did this I did it slowly on low for 6-7 hours. The second time I tried it on high for 4 hours. I didn't find any difference. Delicious either way!

I served it on brown and wild rice rice for Jason. For me I put it over some steamed broccoli with a salad. Mmmmm. Snuggle up with the icy wind howling at your windows, and enjoy the warmth and comfort from this meal. Success!

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment