Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken

 Dear Sally,

      I had to laugh a little when I read your last post. Usually I get upset with myself because it seems that whenever I starting making things for the blog they never actually end up in a letter to you. Your post reminded me that life gets busy and that's ok.

      Summer is one of my favorite times because I have no excuses. With Jesse gone I have peace and quiet in the house and unlimited time. I'll see what I can get into in the coming weeks.

     As you know, Jesse and I recently returned from Ohio for our anniversary trip. Whenever I return from long trips away or time on the road I always feel like I need a cleanse. After eating out for six days straight, Jesse and I hardly wanted something extravagant for dinner. I pulled some herbs from the garden, grabbed chicken at Costco, and potatoes from the cupboard. Dinner wasn't fancy but it was delicious.

     I'm intrigued to know what the word diet entails for you. If you need some good gluten free recipes I can share some sites with you. I always love the challenge of making food that tastes great but is also healthy. 

Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken

2 Chicken breasts , chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lemons
A handful of fresh basil and chives
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil

3 potatoes
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
butter
salt and pepper



Directions

Cut the chicken into small cubes and placed in a bowl. Mince 2 cloves of garlic and add it to the chicken. Squeeze both lemons into the bowl and add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Add some salt and pepper and mix well. I let the chicken sit in the fridge for most of the day and cooked it low and slow on the barbeque.

For the potatoes I simply sliced them along the length and put thinly sliced pieces of onion in. I put butter on top and wrapped them individually in foil. They were put on the barbeque first at a high temperature for about 30 minutes.


      I hope you guys have an amazing summer and you have a chance to put that garden of yours to good use. Looking forward to your visit!

Love,

Jessica












No comments:

Post a Comment