Friday, July 18, 2014

Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast with Turnip Mash

Dear Jess,

I won't bore you with the list of foods that I cannot eat. Basically it's any food that causes inflammation in your body. If anyone is interested in this, please email me. I would be glad to share the list with you!

This recipe was a hit with Jason. Personally I think he was glad to get something other than a soup or stew! That being said, I though it was delicious as well!

My mom and I share an organic produce box every week from Circle Organic. I would recommend this to anyone who wants organic, seasonal produce at a reasonable price. You also would need to have a sense of adventure in the kitchen, as you are given things you have never heard of and/or used before. This is our second season participating, and I am enjoying it just as much this year.

I made this recipe up because of all the produce in my fridge. I will try to communicate it clearly here.



Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
2 chicken breasts, butterflied
1/4 cup olive oil mayo
1 tsp ketchup (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
Sriracha to taste
1 cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 375. Mix mayo, ketchup, curry powder, and Sriracha in a small bowl.

2. Open chicken breasts so they're butterflied. Spread mixture on chicken. Add spinach, and fold in half. (You can tie them with string if you want)

3. Place in oiled dish. Top with lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.

Turnip Mash
8 turnips (the little ones, slightly bigger than radishes), peeled and quartered
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
3 garlic scapes, chopped (you could used 1 clove of garlic minced instead, and/or 2 scallions, chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
splash of almond milk

1. Steam turnips and carrots until very soft. Place in a bowl, and mash with garlic scapes, olive oil, and almond milk. (I didn't peal my turnips or carrots... I will next time. Also, saute the scapes for less crunch. I will do that next time as well.)



It was lovely seeing you and the hubby! I hope we will be able to get together at least once more this summer!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment